Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks are not only stunning destinations to visit, but they’re also ideal settings to enhance your photography skills. Whether you’re interested in wildlife, landscapes, dark skies, or all of the above, there’s no shortage of iconic subjects to practice on.
Using the endless natural beauty as our classroom, I’ll make sure to give you personalized instruction on any area where you’d like to improve on, whether that’s technical instruction, or information on seasonal patterns in the area. Having become thoroughly knowledgeable about the area through personal observation and education, I carry with me a consistent eagerness for heading out into the parks for photography, whether personally or as a guide.
About Mike Cavaroc
I’m an award-winning, published nature photographer who moved to the area solely for the photographic opportunities that the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem provides. Jackson Hole, Wyoming has been my home for nearly 15 years, and during that time, I have continued to explore and photograph the region, always challenging myself to find new vantage points, techniques, and behavioral patterns within the wildlife. With previous in-depth work as a wildlife safari guide and stargazing leader, I’ve developed an intimate knowledge of this special place, as well as the wildlife that freely roams here. It’s my goal and my pleasure to help you come away with as much of this knowledge as you desire, while also giving you the best photographic opportunities available during your time in this magnificent region.
Why Book with Me?
- Two decades of self-taught camera experience
- Endlessly curious about the natural world
- Passionate about sharing the region with others
- A born teacher
- Award-winning and widely published photographer
- Professional guide for over 10 years
- A nerd on many different subjects
Grand Teton Sunrise or Sunset – $950
(1-3 people, 5-6 hours)
Yellowstone Day Excursion – $1200
(1-3 people, 8-10 hours)
Night Photography Workshop – $700
(1-3 people, 4-5 hours, weather permitting)
Interested in a trip not listed?
Email me here and we’ll work up something together!
Why Book a Photo Workshop?
- Come away with more confidence in your camera
- Learn valuable techniques and tricks to improve your abilities
- Understand wildlife behavior and landscape dynamics for your remaining time in the area
- Understand what distinguishes a good photo from a great photo
- Get post-processing tips after the workshop